Previously Gunsite Gossip
Lindy's Poem October 1995
This poem was written by Jeff's daughter
Lindy about the O.J. Simpson trial, and may be of interest to
The Verdict - October 3, 1995
- Score one for the Prince of Darkness!
- All hail to the grim lord below!
- The forces of evil have triumphed
- And laugh at their helpless foe.
- Blind justice lies trampled and bleeding.
- Her blindfold is ripped from her eyes.
- She gazes in horror and sadness
- Where truth in the gutter now lies.
- "I'm sorry." she says, "Please forgive me.
- I've tried to remain firm and strong.
- But where money is greater than morals
- I can't remain standing for long.
- Just law operates within standards -
- An ethical code you must share.
- Without it you have no foundation.
- The fabric of justice will tear.
- The lawyers and judges and juries
- Indulge in a vast complex game
- Where cleverness wins over honor
- And trickery obfuscates shame.
- Your altars are all economic.
- You've lost sight of what's right and what's wrong.
- Your civilization is crumbling.
- Your leaders sell souls for a song.
- It may be too late to return to
- A system where justice prevails.
- But failing to try would be sinful
- With all that great failure entails.
- You must take control of your courtrooms,
- Your chambers where new laws are made,
- Your classrooms and churches and townhalls,
- And your media - don't be afraid!
- You must speak out strongly, forthrightly
- For justice and honor and good.
- Vote it and speak it and write it
- And start with your own neighborhood."
- Blind justice regains her feet slowly
- To stand with her scales at the head
- Of a growing and strong congregation
- Which has heard her and listened with dread.
- We must re-weave the fabric of justice
- And agree upon standards so high
- That our children inherit a country
- Where integrity beats out a lie.
- Where the good that is in us can flourish.
- The the best ones among us can fly.
- Where the symbol of justice keeps shining
- As bright as the sun in the sky!
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Please Note. These "Commentaries" are for personal
use only. Not for publication.